|Monday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 16:00|
- Lumumba road
SchoolNET Zambia is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) promoting the integration and use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in teaching and learning in educational institutions in Zambia by assisting them to setup their ICT facilities and to develop technical and pedagogical capacity necessary to use ICT to enhance teaching and learning.
There has been a gap regarding the application of Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs) in teaching and learning in Zambia. The major problem in Zambia has been lack of computers – the tools used in providing ICTs.
It was from this realization that SchoolNET Zambia, with assistance from the Ministry of Education, Computer Aid International (CAI) and SchoolNET Africa, in 1998 embarked on a programme to provide refurbished Pentium III and IV computers cheaply to educational institutions and Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs) in Zambia. Individuals have also benefited.
SchoolNET Zambia is part of SchoolNET Africa operating in over 35 countries in Africa.
SchoolNET Zambia has established a Technical Services Centre (TSC) at Matero Boys’ Secondary School, Lusaka, and a secretariat at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Zambia, Lusaka.
The partnership between CAI and SchoolNET Africa is a campaign aimed at bridging the “digital divide” by providing one million computers to schools in Africa mainly for educational purposes.
To work in partnership with educational institutions (public or private, primary, upper basic, high school or tertiary) in Zambia to set-up their ICT facilities and to develop technical and pedagogical capacity necessary to use ICT to enhance teaching and learning.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The specific objectives are:
- To work in partnership with educational institutions to develop their ICT facilities, Internet connectivity options and technology plans. To create awareness of the use of ICT in education through press articles, education ICT demonstrations, word of mouth, conferences, seminars and exhibitions.
- To lobby and advocate for the utilization of ICT in education, government, business and civil society.
- To develop ICT skills and facilitate skills-transfer through a phased professional training program.
- To outsource cheaper, innovative and adaptive hardware and educative software and computers
- To nurture ICT talents through ICT holiday camps, website development competitions and participation in international competitions like Think Quest.
- To encourage and facilitate the generation of local content.
- To connect Zambian educators and students to their counterparts worldwide for collaborative projects-based learning (in areas of sustainable development, environment, HIV / AIDS etc) and for the promotion of cross cultural understanding.
The major activity areas for SchoolNet Zambia shall include the following:
- Technical Support Centres (TSC)
- Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs):- education availability and utilization and conduction of base-line study
- ICT teacher capacity building program initiation and support; assisting and supporting the development mechanisms and techniques
- ICT integration in teaching and learning in schools
- Promotion for promotion of local content development
- School computer clubs.
- Partnerships with organizations dealing in e-waste.
Send an Enquiry
Fill out the form below to send a direct email to SchoolNET Zambia.
Please note that all fields except 'Company' are required.